Our internet site (the “Site” or the “DiMA Site”) is exclusively for the private non-commercial use of individuals who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older and are residents and citizens of the United States.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide
We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Site, including when you contact us with a question, comment, or request. The information that you provide can include, but is not limited to, (a) your name, address, phone number, email, username, password, and other registration information and (b) information you provide us when you contact us.
Before you disclose to us any personal information of a third party, we require you to obtain that party’s content to the disclosure and use of that personal information.
Information Automatically Collected from You
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the website, and the search terms you enter on the Site. This information allows us to, for example, recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Site, and to improve the Site and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that are saved on your computer using your web browser, or similar technologies. You can use this Site if cookies are blocked, though it may result in loss of functionality of the Site. The information we collect also might include your location information. Various technologies can help us determine location, including your IP address, GPS and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers. Our mobile applications may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device, but only with your consent.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We base our collection, processing, and use of your personal information on one or more of the following:
- Your consent as provided to us when we collect your personal information;
- In order to fulfill contracts or other agreements we have with you;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
We collect, process, and use your personal information to:
- Fulfill legitimate interests we have, you have, or a third party has (in a way that is as minimally invasive to you as possible), including:
- Ensuring that our Site, our networks, and all information (ours and yours) are secure;
- Generally administering and conducting our business; and
- Preventing fraud;
- Invite people to join events or otherwise view or participate in the Site;
- Engage in social media efforts to promote events;
- Send emails to individuals with information about DiMA;
- Provide you with products, services, or information you request;
- Provide you with information about the Site or required notices;
- Deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- Customize your experience when using the Site, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Site and providing you with content based on your information;
- Allow us to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- Generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Site; and
- Engage in other uses within the context of the foregoing uses.
DiMA may use your internet protocol or “IP Address” to:
- Administer this Site;
- Analyze trends;
- Help diagnose problems with the Site;
- Track users’ movements;
- Help identify you; and
- Gather demographic information for aggregate use.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Site or on other websites.
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES DO WE DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Site:
- To service providers who work on our behalf in furtherance of our operations;
- To business partners who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Site, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site;
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- To affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
- In addition, we may share reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as other information with third parties. When doing so, we will utilize data anonymization efforts.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Website content may be hosted on a third-party website not affiliated with DiMA. This site also contains links to websites which are owned and operated by third parties. If you choose to interact with the host website or the third-party website displaying our content, that website will receive the information you provide and also may automatically collect information about your usage of the website. You understand, acknowledge, and agree that these links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by DiMA of the content, advertising, or business practices (including the privacy policies) of such third-party websites. If you decide to access and use linked third-party websites, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you do so at your own risk.
The owners or controllers of the host website or third-party website may use, share, transfer, display, publish, rent, or sell this information in accordance with its privacy policies. Please review the privacy policies of the host website to learn more about its data handling practices.
WHERE IS THIS INFORMATION PROCESSED?
Information collected through the Site will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Site, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SECURED?
We use commercially reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice to assist in protecting against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the personally identifiable information under our control. These security measures include storing all personal information on our secure servers which are both password and firewall protected.
Unfortunately, no system can ever be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and our servers, or any information you provide to us or to any third party through or in connection with this Site. You provide all information at your own risk.
DiMA is not responsible for the security of your Personal Information during the transmission stage. We cannot assume responsibility because your e-mail, Account creation, or other Personal Information could be copied and/or intercepted by unknown third parties during transmission. You therefore understand, acknowledge, and agree that when transmitting certain personal information to this Site you do so at your own risk.
Information is not kept for longer than necessary to purpose for which it was collected. We generally delete personal data upon your request to do so. Otherwise we will retain documents containing personal information to the extent (1) required by law; (2) relevant to ongoing legal proceedings; or (3) necessary to defend our legal rights.
Your personal information is your personal information. You have the right to access it, review it, correct it, and demand that it be deleted. In order to do so you must contact through the email address identified below and specifically identify and describe the personal information you are talking about and what action you would like us to take (i.e., review, correct, delete, etc.).
Please understand that:
- There may be limited exceptions where the law says we cannot provide you with personal information you request;
- We have the right to charge a fee for you to access personal information; and
- We can demand appropriate evidence of your identity to your personal information.
If you do not want the Site to collect information using cookies, you can set your web browser to reject cookies from the Site. Each browser is different, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject or block cookies from the Site, however, the Site may not function as intended.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us via the Email address listed below.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not collect sensitive personal information. Please do not send us any sensitive personal information like your social security number, health or medial information, political or religious affiliation or beliefs, information related to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual preference, criminal background information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at: Digital Media Association, 655 15th Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20005.